- If you observe a lot where an existing house has been demolished and it looks like someone will be developing one or more new homes on the site and you would like to know the following:
- Was the waiver process for the NCD-3 followed?
- Do the proposed structure(s) and development meet all the NCD-3 codes?
- What will the home(s) look like?
- You can obtain copies of the site, floor and elevation plans on file at the city. Click on the link below and fill out the form:
http://www.miamigov.com/building/Docs/DropdownForms/plansrequestform.pdf OR Go to the building department at the City Offices and make your request in person at the following location (there is a charge to both do the search as well as pay for the copies of each page)
City of Miami Building Department
444 S.W. 2nd Avenue, 4th floor
Miami, FL 33130
Office: (305) 416-1100
Fax: (305) 416-2168
Main Hall on 4th Floor
Microfilm & Records
Public Research and Requests: 7:45 am – 12:30 pm and 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm
Scheduled Appointments: 2:30 pm – 3:30 pm
Pickup Completed Requests: 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm
- In addition to searching plans you can also search the history of a property whether by address or folio # online at the Miami Dade Property Search website:
http://www.miamidade.gov/pa/property_search.asp Here you can find tax, sales and additional property information and documents associated with a particular property.
*The information above can be found on the home page of the Building Department
using the drop down “Quick Links” menus on the left side of the page under “Records Requests”.